Digital transformation is the process of transferring tasks and tools into the digital world to completely reinvent business procedures and customer experiences with new digital capabilities. If your business is considering working with consultants to help with the process of digital transformation, several competing providers offer a range of services and prices. This article compares the top seven to help you understand the services they offer and how we differentiate them, making it easier to find the right one for your needs.
Table Of Contents
- Digital Transformation Companies Comparison Table
- Top Digital Transformation Companies
- Accenture: Best For Reporting Insights
- Deloitte: Best For Scalability
- Boston Consulting Group: Best For People-Focused Consultation
- Cognizant: Best For Company Culture
- Capgemini: Best For Telecommunications
- Microsoft Corporation: Best For Industry Cloud
- McKinsey & Company: Best For Subject Matter Expertise
- Benefits of Working With a Digital Transformation Company
- How To Choose What Digital Transformation Companies Best For You
- Bottom Line: Digital Transformation Companies
Digital Transformation Companies Comparison Table
|Digital Transformation Companies
|Boston Consulting Group
|McKinsey & Company
Top Digital Transformation Companies
The top digital transformation companies all offer feature-rich services at varying prices. For example, a consulting engagement with these companies can help your business transform billing and payment processing, provide better analytics and reporting to gain deeper insights into customer behavior, and improve infrastructure across your organization. In short, digital transformation service providers can help your business keep up with the competitive nature of technology and industry needs.
Your business’s specific needs and budget will determine which company is the right fit, but comparing pricing can be a challenge. It is not uncommon for digital transformation providers not to disclose pricing publicly because it is dependent upon the particular tools and services involved, the complexity and duration of the engagement, and other factors that make it difficult to offer a one-size-fits-all pricing strategy.
When selecting a provider, consider the use cases outlined below to find those that best meet your specific needs and then contact those providers to get cost estimates for the right solutions to address them.
Accenture: Best For Reporting Insights
Accenture’s digital transformation services are part of its Technology Strategy and Advisory Practice, and include assistance with cloud acceleration, data-driven company tools, operating models and innovation, network connection services, and modern architecture using the Accenture Momentum digital transformation tool.
- Real-time Reporting: Accenture’s digital transformation tools track the status of initiatives such as assessing, reviewing, and resolving risks.
- Value Drivers: The company’s digital transformation tools build and visualize value trees to create complete business cases using many details to help with individual initiatives.
- Forward-looking Insights: Accenture Momentum provides reporting dashboards for dynamic views and drill-downs.
- Holistic evaluations
- Processing oriented systems
- Strong service delivery system and personnel
- Limited data flexibility
- Limited dynamic frameworks
- Slow delivery timelines
Deloitte: Best For Scalability
Deloitte’s digital transformation capabilities are incorporated within its Strategy and Analytics business as well as its Monitor Deloitte arm. Deloitte aims to help enterprises with the capacity for change to help fuel growth, practice continuous transformation, and harness insights.
- Intelligent Mining: Deloitte assists companies in implementing sustainable transformation by offering the required multidisciplinary skills and industry experience needed.
- Business Scalability: It helps companies realize and refine their digital transformation vision by providing flexibility and offering integrated delivery teams for an agile operation.
- Concept Refinement: Deloitte offers iterative concept refinement and faster income statements through its Deepen, Design, and Prove steps.
- Excels at integrating technology
- Experts in DevOps and automation
- Helps with multi-cloud setup
- Limited technology capabilities
- High prices
- Heavy research needed
Boston Consulting Group: Best For People-Focused Consultation
Boston Consulting Group (BCG) describes its digital transformation capabilities as focused on people and technology. Its six steps of success include crafting a clear strategy, commitment to leadership from top to middle, putting the best employees for the job in the right place, having an agile government mindset, monitoring and controlling progress, and creating a business-led data platform.
- Digital Skill-Building: BCG’s digital transformation is about evolving employee and business capabilities in such areas as data science, location strategies, and finding the balance between insourcing and outsourcing.
- Operating Model Transformation: BCG’s goal is to work to align governance, processes, and organizational structure with a platform-driven operating model.
- Outcomes Implementation: Digital transformation practices include identifying, prioritizing, and implementing high-impact use cases for your company.
- Highly regarded consultants
- Wide range of capabilities
- Fees based on agreed-upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Not for small companies
- A slow-paced approach
- No specific tools used
The Boston Consulting Group offers a pricing page but does not offer specific pricing. Contact sales for more information.
Cognizant: Best For Company Culture
Cognizant offers digital transformation services through its Digital Strategy umbrella. Its goal is to keep up with customer demands across all sides of a business to ensure relevancy in its infrastructure. Cognizant’s digital transformation services offer insight into transformation, managed innovation, workforce transformation, change adoption, and transformation enablement. The offerings aim to create a positive company strategy that adds agile processes and a digital approach in different departments within the company.
- Transformation Insights: Customers improve their insights through reinvention, offering an agile approach and using execution expertise.
- Managed Innovation: Insight-driven processes develop client solutions with new forms of value to establish, nurture, and grow innovation capabilities.
- Change Adoption: Cognizant’s change adoption offers digital tools to enable growth and agility with a structured approach to help clients with their adoption rate and pace with business change all around them.
- Strong cloud technology
- Diverse technical services
- Flexible payment model
- Limited location access
- Weak strategy capabilities
- Limited customer service help
Capgemini: Best For Telecommunications
Capgemini’s digital transformation services are focused on the telecommunications industry to help accelerate the transformation from communication service providers to digital service providers. For B2C operators, it enables new value digital proposals; for B2B, it offers the ability to rewire and reboot customer experience and operational excellence. For vertical industries, it will help increase revenue and efficiency with the better-connected world.
- Customer-First B2C: Capgemini promotes designing digital and market-facing services to design business models and operations to support connected experiences to provide value.
- B2B Omni-Channel Customer Experience: Capgemini aims to improve customer experience and help transform companies into digital service providers.
- 5G Monetization: The company’s support for vertical industries helps them make the most of revenue and efficiency opportunities in the current digital world.
- Deep digital expertise
- Flexible approach to digital transformation
- Helps with customer’s self-funded projects
- Limited global expertise
- Limited strategy capabilities
- Expensive platform
Microsoft Corporation: Best For Industry Cloud
Microsoft is a top tech company whose digital transformation services focus on five industries: financial services, government, health care, manufacturing, and retail. It has led with digital transformation by modernizing platforms with Microsoft 365 and Azure Edge, helping organizations find solutions to fix common issues, giving data and analytics assistance, and helping them further engage with customers.
- Industry Cloud: Azure Cloud helps companies gain agility while accelerating innovation in a specific industry.
- Customer Relationship Management: Microsoft’s digital transformation services help companies reach more customers by outperforming competitors with new innovative digital agility.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) For Digital Transformation: AI benefits digital transformation by increasing intelligent marketing, by adding innovation to the current infrastructure, and with analysis.
- Wide range of services
- Strong documentation
- Reliable known company
- Limited navigation help
- Complicated networking
- Limited reporting ability
Microsoft is the most transparent provider of the seven when it comes to pricing, and offers estimated pricing based on which tools a customer uses. Use Microsoft’s pricing calculator, which also lists digital transformation products. Contact sales for more information.
McKinsey & Company: Best For Subject Matter Expertise
McKinsey & Company’s digital transformation service, McKinsey Digital, helps businesses add capabilities such as AI and other new technologies to automate operations, encourage digital growth, create unique digital experiences, and improve customers’ digital talent and culture.
- Speed Of Impact: McKinsey Digital aims for a quick impact to generate higher cash flows and is dependent on temporary subject matter experts to fill roles within companies.
- Long-term Sustainability: McKinsey Digital addresses and emphasizes capability building, organizational setup, and improvement to give a continuous impact.
- Emphasis On Innovation: McKinsey Digital offers companies the ability to invest heavily in their IT departments to build completely new infrastructure and have more subject matter experts.
- Highly regarded company
- Many projects completed
- Pilot testing before expanding to other parts of the company
- Known to be expensive
- Limited technical capabilities
- Hard-driving attitude
For more: 5 Digital Transformation Examples
Benefits of Working With a Digital Transformation Company
Digital transformation supports the business in multiple ways, and a good digital transformation consultant will work with customers to create a framework that does the following:
- Boosts Performance: Digital transformation helps keep up with new technology and improves performance, such as adding automation to complete menial tasks and free up resources for strategic work.
- Improves Company Communication: Digital transformation provides staff with new communication skills and tools, and enables business improvements.
- Enhances Innovation: Digital transformation can provide better access and insights to help innovate new products and services and new ways of doing things.
- Informs Decision-Making: Because digital transformation uses analytic tools, it provides insight into the correct decision on what’s best for a company and its data.
How To Choose a Digital Transformation Company
There are several criteria to weigh when looking to choose the right digital transformation services provider.
Outline a Strategy
When a business looks into working with a digital transformation company, it should know exactly what it wants from the process. Finding a provider to help refine and execute a digital strategy can be more effective than rushing into an engagement without planning ahead.
Before picking a digital transformation provider, research the company and its customer stories. If it is meeting the needs of similar companies and the case studies sound familiar, it’s more likely to be a good fit for your own needs too.
Inventory Tool Stack
Digital transformation requires measuring the effectiveness of your current infrastructure and tool stack. For example, if a company uses a cloud-based infrastructure, on-site equipment likely will not help during the transformation process—technologies must support each capability. Before taking on a digital transformation project, make an inventory of existing tools to provide a more clear picture of what the transformation will encompass.
While it can be difficult to compare prices from providers, a company considering a digital transformation project should know what it can spend and what it is willing to invest. Narrow down providers by their ability to meet specific needs, and then work with their sales teams to price out an engagement. Providers can also help organizations calculate the potential ROI of such a project and help with cost/benefit analysis.
Bottom Line: Digital Transformation Companies
When considering a digital transformation provider, it is vital for companies to weigh features and costs against their primary goals, including refining and executing their strategies and frameworks. While each digital transformation consulting firm offers a variety of services, matching them to specific use cases can help companies evaluate them against their specific needs.
For more information on digital transformation: Data Transformation Trends